COVID-19 – STATE COMPLIANCE, POLICY, PROCESS
WSL (WESTCHESTER STAIRLIFT LLC) COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS (UPDATED FALL 2021)
– With the constantly changing situation regarding both the virus and medical knowledge on how it spreads we must constantly review and update our policies.
– Individuals have various perspectives on appropriate safety measures. This is reflected by different mask use as well as the fact that over 40% of the country (including many in the health care industry) have not become vaccinated
– Since our company supports many health compromised individuals, we have an obligation to be extra diligent and fully transparent in our policies.
– The below lists our current policies. These will change as the COVID situation changes (call us or check our web site for any changes)
1) For customers who do not want any outside contact we will make every effort to do a virtual sales call and conduct an installation or service with the minimal possible customer contact. Call us to discuss.
2) We will not be able to visit a home where a customer has covid (we ask that we be informed) We need to protect ourselves and the next customer we visit.
3) Sales visits can result in long periods of customer interaction. Therefore, any sales individual coming to a customer home will wear a medically approved mask during the entire visit even if the family indicates it is not necessary. This is also to protect, and give peace of mind to, the next customer at the next visit.
4) Service and installation visits require much less direct customer interaction however, service/installation technician will wear a mask. Due to the heavy labor involved for some jobs there may be short periods they need to remove their mask during the actual installation process. If you, as a customer, are uncomfortable with that please let us know and this person will go outside the home for such a period.
5) All WSL staff are fully vaccinated (with a single exception for personal medical reasons) This individual will be tested every week and do a daily temperature check. If you, as a customer, are uncomfortable with that please let us know and this person will not be scheduled to visit your home.
6) Any staff who in any way feels ill or has any temperature will not enter a customer home. If this results in a last-minute cancellation, we will work hard to reschedule this promptly.
Call us to discuss any aspect of this. We all understand that any interaction during these times involves some covid related risk to all of us, but we will work to make you feel as comfortable and as safe as possible.
NY State Compliance (updated 3-22-20)
March 22 update based on NY Gov. A Cuomo PAUSE program
Our company will comply with the two relevant provisions (listed below) of the NY State PAUSE program announced by Gov. A Cuomo on March 20th.
1) Effective at 8PM on Sunday, March 22, all non-essential businesses statewide (NY) will be closed.
2) Businesses and entities that provide other essential services must implement rules that help facilitate social distancing of at least six feet.
Included are: Essential Health Care Operations including: Elder care / Medical Supplies and Equipment Providers
Unless modified in the future, at this time we will continue to provide these services of installing and servicing stairlifts and wheelchair lifts (typically defined as Durable Medical Equipment) allowing a disabled individual to safely navigate within their home and to safely exit their home. We will discuss with each person needing support (service or a lift installation) the “essential” nature of their need and how the required social distancing can be maintained to keep all parties as safe as possible. This will be in addition to the policies and processes defined below.
Business Policy related to COVID-19 (updated 3-15-20)
We understand that many of our customers (older individuals with underlying health issues) are exactly the population most at risk from COVID-19, and therefore we have an obligation to be extra diligent in being careful to not transmit this virus.
We also understand we provide essential services to support our customers with disabilities that cannot be simply put on hold until this pandemic has subsided.
Therefore, we will continue to operate but will follow the below procedures:
- Any of our staff who may have any of the symptoms associated with this virus (such as: fever, cough, shortness of breath) will not be working or in contact with any other member of our team.
- Any of our staff who to their knowledge have come in contact with someone who has, or they believe may have, COVID -19 will similarly not be working or in contact with any other member of our team.
- At this time, we will try to avoid nonessential visits (such as: annual maintenance) and to the extent possible will try to walk through and resolve service issues on the phone (at no charge)
- All our staff will use a hand sanitizer or disinfect prior to entering and again on leaving any customer home.
- All our staff will use a disinfectant on the demo products and tools they typically bring into a customer home.
- Our staff will avoid shaking a customer’s hand and will try to maintain social distancing to the degree possible.
- Our staff will try to contact as little in the customer’s home as possible and will ask the customer to contact as little as possible of what we bring into the home.
- We will use disinfectant on the surfaces of the any stairlift we have installed or serviced.
- We also request that any customer tell us if any member of their household have COVID-19 symptoms or has been in contact with someone who has COVID-19
- We suggest any family with a particularly vulnerable member of their household keep that member away from any visitor to their home (including us) and the other household members wash their hands after any visitor (including us) have left.
Our first objective is the safety of our customer and our own staff but despite the above it is impossible for anyone to guarantee not transmitting this virus. It is ultimately the customer’s decision if they want visitors to their home during this period.
We may update this at any time as the circumstances change.
Feel free to call and ask to speak to me directly regarding any of the above. [914-709-5438]
Martin Friedrichs – Founding partner – Westchester Stairlift LLC
Note: Immediately prior to founding this company I spent 3 years as the Director of Pandemic Preparation for Hoffman-La Roche (the pharmaceutical company whose product Tamiflu would be instrumental in a flu pandemic)
Limited Contact Process (Updated 3-18-2020)
To those who prefer we are offering a:
– “virtual sales call” (no visit)
– “no family contact” installation process.
Call us to discuss this. No obligation and we will give you a money back guarantee that it will work.
Details of how this process works:
“VIRTUAL SALES CALL” (NO VISIT)
- The customer takes photos (taken at a distance preferred) of:
– Each flight of the stairway
– The upper and lower landing areas (showing adjacent hallways, doorways, obstructions)
- Email (email@example.com) or text (914 709 5438) us the photo OR describe the stairway to us and we will email you a diagram to verify
- We discuss all the options and give you a firm price for your preferred option
- We will mail you the proposal, brochure, links to videos, warranty information etc.
- We will discuss this with you and any other family members
- If you go ahead you give us a deposit and we schedule the install
- For a custom curved lift, we will need to come and measure – but you do not need to be present
“NO FAMILY CONTACT” INSTALLATION PROCESS
- We call you when we are at your front door
- You unlock the door, but do not need to further greet the installer or be present for the installation. You can go to another part of the home
- He will do an exact stairway measurement, cut any rail outside, and install the lift
- After it is installed, he will clean up the area, wipe the lift with disinfectant, and he will call you to say he is leaving. He will leave an operating manual
- Final payment can be left for him or done over the phone
- We will walk you through usage instructions and any questions on the phone
Our guarantee: If the installer determines on his visit that something was missed in the photos and we cannot install the lift then you will receive a full refund of any deposit made.